Tuesday 25 August 2009

Time to stand and stare

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare. Years ago I remember this being written up on one of those big hoardings they put round building sites, next to a letter box shaped hole at convenient height. What a nice thought. I tend to waylay myself when I am watering my tomatoes now as there are lots of those garden spiders that hang there in the evening sunshine waiting for a meal. You know, the ones whose webs do all that magical stuff in the morning when the dew is on them. My dad showed me, when I was little, how to flick a little bit of leaf into the web and then watch the spider carefully cut it out and lean away from the web so that the leaf didn't catch again when the spider dropped it. I still do it but it does mean the watering takes rather longer than it should

No comments:

Post a Comment