Saturday 3 September 2016

My first Parkrun

I don't know why, but I find it much more satisfying to write all my stuff in a note book than to keep it in an app. I came to the conclusion that part of the problem with the bracelet was that it was not tight enough because of my small wrists and this morning I asked the seller if I could send it back for a refund. They made a couple of suggestions but said if I really didn't want it then yes I could. So I am.
I found my pedometer. I bought it at Sutton Hoo some time ago and had forgotten about it. I find that it not only records steps but gives an estimate of distance, for which a stride length has been set, calories burnt, and tells the time. I suspect that being on my waist band over my hip means that it gives a more accurate reading.
So, I did Parkrun this morning. I was spectacularly last, except for the official tail ender who is there to make sure every one is OK and I'm sure I was slowing her down, plus of course, all the marshals had to wait until she passed by. Oh, as she was 6 months pregnant too.  I was just over an hour, but then 5k is just over 3 miles so I wasn't too disappointed. Everyone was very encouraging and I actually jogged the last 100 metres. I was pleased that I kept going at a steady pace the whole time and wasn't slowing down by the end.
My target is 40 minutes but that's going to be well into the future I suspect.
When I got home, after a quick visit to the auction viewing and getting some shopping, I took my shoes off and discovered I had a rather large blood blister under my big toe. I hadn't felt it before. I think it may have been something to do with the sock seam. The shoes themselves were very comfortable.
I have to admit that I didn't do much else after lunch and I am treating myself to a bottle of cider this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment