Monday 28 September 2009

A Funny Old Weekend


It's been a curate's egg of a weekend so, in accordance with my mission for this blog, I will only tell you about the parts which were excellent. Firstly, mending my crashed computer and making the decision to buy a new one before it happens again. Secondly, taking an hour out on Sunday afternoon to finish the book I am reading for the book group I have joined. It was sunny and hot and I sat in the garden and really felt my spiritual batteries being replenished. My little greenhouse now has some shading so the second lot of cuttings hopefully won't wither up and die (my fault entirely) Thirdly, listening to some good music. Janacek Glagolitic Mass. I buy CDs of things I haven't heard before in charity shops and this was a find. My musical tastes are very wide and it does depend on my mood so I don't always like things the first time I hear them and then change my mind if I give them another go, but this one was a hit first time. I've also been putting Radio 3 on in the car for a change and drove home on Friday to Choral Evensong from Chelmsford Cathedral. Think I need a bit of Alice Cooper today just to even thigs up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment