Saturday 7 November 2009

Those anti spammer words

I find myself getting more and more fascinated by those random words you have to type in a box before you can post links to your blog on Facebook or comment on some people's blogs. This morning I got "O'Hara Harps" and in my mind's eye saw this funny little back street shop with a leprachaun sitting in the back room surrounded by bits of string and wood and strange tools and a Pratchettesque harp made of sapient pearwood like the luggage (I know, you have to read Discworld novels, it's too complicated to explain) telling him why he's doing things wrong. I have a feeling Alan Coren wrote a piece all about the books that went under titles that were really volumes in an encyclopedia. I will have to see if I can find it. In the meantime let's see what we get when I post the link up to this!
P.S. It was "sneak featherbedding" Is that a mattress that lulls you into a false sense of security?

No comments:

Post a Comment