Thursday 31 December 2009

Reflections and Resolutions

I am feeling in reflective mood. As I was driving over to mum's this morning I came up with a philosophical phrase of which I am rather phond -

"I must stop defining who I am by what I was"

I am becoming aware of the fact that when I answer memes or join in conversations or describe myself I always seem to be talking about what I used to be and what I used to do. This tells me (and maybe you too) that I seem to have nothing in the present to talk about. At least, nothing very interesting. I have to admit that I do miss a lot of the things I used to do. So now I need some suggestions of things I can start doing in 2010 that won't involve travelling very far or being out of the house for too long and which I can use to define who I am rather than what I was. I await your comments with interest.
In the meantime my New Year Resolutions - well, to blog better and to work out how to do my own art work for my blog background, to listen to Radio 3 more, to get a play accepted by Radio 4 and/or my novel published. To sort out the 3,000 photos that are on my hard drive, to go for a proper walk every day, to ban melancholy from my life as it is self indulgent and non-productive. To get the garden tidy. To get the house tidy and to seriously chuck out what I don't need.
So what about for February......(only joking!)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS

1 comment:

  1. Very philosophical! How about a bit of volunteering at that place in Heath Road???

    Happy New Year to you both
    xx

    ReplyDelete